It’s quite disheartening when your cake business is slow, isn’t it? We start to feel like a failure, like this business was a bad idea, like the competition is taking away all the customers away from us.
Believe me I understand how you feel. There are many a times when i ask myself if i made the right decision in resigning from my job and venturing into this wonderful world of cakes.
There would be weeks when i didn’t have a single order and when i do i will be doubting my cake skills wondering if i am able to create the cake the customer wants.
But one thing i will tell you for free. It will get better, so please do not give up.
But you need to do some work and look at your business if you want to improve your sales.
The first thing you do is to look at your past track record. You either got a few or plenty of orders in the past, If you used to get plenty orders, what did you do? You need to trace your patterns.
However, you need to realize that what worked so well in the past may not work as well now because:
1) There are more bakers out there doing what we do on those same platforms,
2) It’s much harder to reach your potential customers through Facebook unless you use paid Ad’s, and
3) You are still doing the same old thing, even though the cake industry have changed significantly.
If your orders are few and far between means that you may have not done much in the way of marketing your business. Like what platforms do you use to market your cakes or to tell people about your cakes?
So if you are suffering from low sales, you need to as yourself 3 important questions:
- How can i do to stand out from the competition: What makes your cake business stand out from the other bakers out there?
- What can you do to get new customers: How would someone who wants the type and the taste of your cakes you offer even know you exist in the first place? How do these people find you?
- How do you keep your current customers: You need to think how to remind your customers that you are always there for them, how can you always remind them to always remember you when they need a cake. Think back, do you get repeat custom, or do people order from you and then forget about you because they never hear from you again?
Once you’ve thought and answered these questions. It’s time to get it out there and MARKET, MARKET, MARKET that cake business of yours.
You have to realise that as your business grows and changes, your marketing should be growing and changing too because the business of marketing is constantly evolving.
Yes, we love to make Cake but forget that we need to sell it in order to sustain a profitable and successful business, and although you may think that marketing makes you look a bit desperate, it doesn’t have to be that way!
THINK OF MARKETING AS A MEANS FOR YOU TO GET YOUR BUSINESS OUT THERE TO THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER
You might also want to have a look at this awesome Course called ‘The Ultimate Guide to Marketing your Cake Business’ – This Course is ideal and will give you a boost forward to get your business back on track if you have been having low sales.
So are you ready to finally start making serious money in your cake business, so that you can get more orders!
(Just fill in your details below and we shall email you with details of the Course or just click on this Link)