Have you wondered how to make your cakes moist?
Keeping your moist or fresh, by adding layers of cake, sugar syrup and icing or ganache, especially under fondant cakes, makes a more tender and higher quality cake.
Get the sugar-syrup-recipe Pdf here
Adding sugar syrup not only keeps a cake moist but adding sugar syrup allows you to create really special flavour to add elements of great taste to your cakes.
Examples of flavoured sugar syrup:
- lime juice
- raspberry liquor
- chocolate liquor
- coconut liquor
- cherry liquor
How amazing would that cake taste?
Sugar Syrup Recipe
- Any flavour (vanilla essence for example)
- Basic sugar syrup is 1 part sugar and 1 part water. For example that is 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- Add this into a saucepan with vanilla, and simmer (to almost boil) for 10 minutes, to thicken it.
- Being careful to thicken the water slightly and not to turn into toffee.
- Drizzle or brush sugar syrup on cake