- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp gelatine
- 1 heaped tbsp liquid glucose
- 225g icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp glycerine (optional)
- Warm the water with low heat;
- Add the gelatin granules and allow to dissolve
- Add the liquid glucose and allow is mix well with the dissolved gelatin
- Add the glycerine.
- Do not let it boil.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool
- Sieve in the icing sugar to knead gently until it is well mixed and not sticky.
- If it’s too sticky add more icing sugar
- Then knead well.
- Store in an air tight bag for about 4 – 6 hours at room temperature
- It is then ready to use
You can also make Fondant with marshmallows. I would recommend this as it is easier to make and it is much tastier than the regular fondant:
- 500 g white marshmallow
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 kg icing sugar
- Place the marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl and add the water. Microwave on high for 1-2 minute or until the marshmallows are puffed up in size and starting to melt. Carefully stir them until you get a smooth consistency.
- Using a spoon, slowly mix in the sifted icing sugar, reserving one cup for kneading. Mix until you have a very stiff dough.
- Remove the icing and place on a work surface that has been well-dusted with icing sugar. Knead the icing until it is smooth and no longer sticky to the touch (5-10 minutes).
- To use the fondant allow it to come to room temperature then roll it out on a work surface that has been well-dusted with icing sugar.
But before you go here is a special Bonus for you.
Are you about to Start your Home Based Cake Business? Do you know what you need to get started?
Enter your name and email address to get a comprehensive Check List on all you need to set up Your Home Based Cake Business.